Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Qadafi Could Run Out Of Cash...

...unfortunately, not soon. In a few months, says the latest official to defect from Tripoli. NATO is also being urged to up its attacks on the Qadafi's heavy weaponry and it wouldn't surprise me all that much if discreet arms sales and training of the rebels start- if they haven't already.

This is going to be a long one, I think. Qadafi is a crafty bastard and won't go easily- but we should have known that going in and not been so half-assed about it. I heard Hillary Clinton on the radio yesterday applauding the arrest of deposed Ivorian Strongman Laurent Gbagbo and found myself cursing my ineptitude for not voting for her in 2008. I had some valid reasons at the time, but suddenly, they don't seem quite so valid anymore. She would have been an AMAZING President. Certainly better than what we've got going now...

(When Howard Stern is unimpressed, then you know you've done a half-assed job.)

No comments:

Post a Comment