Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In Canada...

...I'm apparently a Liberal.

Not that anyone's remarked on it much, but Canada is enroute to a Federal Election in a few weeks and, like it's British Counterpart, the CBC has fantabulous election widgets and coverage of all the action up there.

They also have this. I decided, in a fit of curiosity, to see where I'd land on the Canadian political spectrum, so I took the quiz. Answered honestly as I could and gave no opinions as to the potential Prime Ministers in waiting- since I really can't rate any of them and it turns out, I'm pretty damn Centrist in Canada, yet closest to the Liberal Party. (For the purposes of this quiz, I decided I was going to be older than 18 and from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Just because.)

However, when I broke it down question by question a rather interesting trend emerged- and it's unclear just how significant this trend was because it cut across parties and there was plenty of overlap, but I appeared to swing wildly to the left. The three main Leftist parties, the NDP, Greens and Liberals lined up with me for 20 on my answers- while the Conservatives amounted to 9 answers, the Bloc Quebecois 5 and 8 answers were outliers that didn't match with anyone.

I'm not clear what this means, but I think it means something. (Probably that I SUCK at regression analysis.) So get your Justin Bieber on and see where you lie on Canada's wild roller coaster of a political spectrum...

No comments:

Post a Comment