Friday, April 29, 2011

Don't Judge Me

I bitched about it. I did. The inspid, American commentary was terrible. If there was a simple explanation of what is wrong with the media today it was summed up in the truly pointless drivel that accompanied the Royal Wedding this morning.

Don't judge me. My mother offered free breakfast. So I made like an 80 year old man, took the Missus to bed at 9 o'clock last night and was up bright, early at the crack of dawn to watch the Royal Wedding. Live on drivel-tastic American television... (seriously- sometimes, the best moment of television don't need commentary. The media needs to learn that less can be more. Don't drivel on about the beautiful music, let us listen to the damn music. Seriously.)

Anyway: I'm a guy. And as a guy, I really could give a damn what I wear as long as there are no holes in the ass of what I'm wearing or the crotch. What I know about fashion could be inscribed on the head of a pin. But these hats:



these hats are crimes against nature. And what made it worse? Being Prince Andrew's daughter's- they were sitting right behind The Queen. (Other priceless moment that people seemed to notice: The Queen not singing 'God Save The Queen.' It made perfect sense to me- I mean, you can't really sing 'God Save My Gracious Me/God Bless My Noble Me/Long May I Reign...' that would be a little pretentious, no?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you watched it - now you can converse with Eileen on Kate's dress. Those hats are horrendous - can't believe they wore them in public...or that they would wear them in private either for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your "subscribe" button? It lets me put your blog on my igoogle page so I see updates whenever I sign into google.

    ReplyDelete