Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two-Zero-One-Six

Chicago, Madrid, Rio and Tokyo- here's the low down on the four candidate cities for the 2016 Olympics.

Personally: GO CHICAGO!

I think they've got a good shot. North America does get the Olympics in 2010, but Europe gets them in 2012 so I think Madrid chances are going to get hurt by that as I'll doubt they'll do two consecutive European Olympics. The Summer Olympics haven't been in the US since 1996, so we're probably due again. Chicago has never had them- Tokyo has and Rio, well, Rio might have some security issues given the crime rate, but I think the thought of the first South American games could be tempting to the IOC.

So I think Rio and Chicago are the top two- the thought of the first South American games going up against the corporate money (should there be any left by 2016) that Americans can bring to the games.

GO CHI-TOWN, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment