Friday, July 1, 2011

Thaddeus McCotter is...

...running for President. And if you've never heard of him, then don't worry, I doubt you're alone in that. All I know is that he's described as an 'independent minded Republican Congressman' from Michigan.

What does this mean for the Republican race? Probably a whole lot of nothing. The big news, I think still rests on what Texas Governor Rick Perry and Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin do. My gut instinct is that Perry might jump in, but Palin won't- she'll flirt with the idea but will want to be Kingmaker when the dust settles down a little bit. And besides, Michelle Bachmann is stealing all of her thunder with every passing day- if she does jump in, it'll be an exercise in vanity on her part and nothing more.

At the end of the day, I'm sure we'll be left with the usual choice of 'the lesser of who cares'- but the political science geek in me does enjoy the thrill of the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment