Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Seriously?

People have way too much time on their hands.

P.S. Thanks for destroying my childhood! I mean, of course there are going to be imperialist undertones- when these books were originally written, the British Empire was still alive and kicking. I think it's a little sad that someone has taken the time to do a detailed, rigorous analysis of a flippin' fictional island and a bunch of talking train. This not only reveals one of the many problems with academia today, but it also reveals that there's a certain amount of bias aimed at eliminating worldviews that academia doesn't like. So, for your kids, the hippie, solar panel loving, pro-environmental Bob The Builder is OK. But Thomas the Colonialist Tank Engine is evidence of the racist and sexist past we're trying to escape.

What about Beatrix Potter? Or Harry Potter for that matter? Or The Hunger Games? Why not pick every piece of literature out there apart and replace it with carefully crafted politically correct bullshit?

In the meantime, I know damn well what I'm reading my kids to bed EVERY STINKIN' NIGHT! Choo to choo, bitches. All aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment