Monday, August 15, 2011

Mind The Map


Apparently, they're rethinking the classic map of the London tube... to be totally fair about it- they do have a point. The classic map (see above) doesn't really conform to the actual geography of London itself and apparently that's started to confuse some foreign visitors. (God knows why- I took a look at the new one and found it to be bizzare. The new one would be a lot more confusing to me.)

Normally, I'd be all for this. Inaccurate maps bother me (Google Maps, I'm still waiting for you to put South Sudan into your database! Get on that!) and I'm incapable of picking up a globe without examining it in great detail to figure out just how old and inaccurate it might be. But this, I'm going to take a pass on- everybody knows what the map looks like. I don't see how people could get confused by it. If it were the London ABOVE-ground, I could acknowledge how peeps might get confused- but given the fact that you're in a tube underground, it really doesn't matter whether the Tube map conforms to above ground geography or not- as long as it gets you to your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment