Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fuel Standards For Fire Trucks?

Please, God, No... why is this administration hell bent on making me agree with Republicans? Why? Why? WHY? Seriously now- there are more cars on the roads than fire trucks, work trucks, heavy duty pick-up trucks and semis. I get fuel efficiency standards for cars- but given the fact that the economy is tanking hard and fast right now do you really want to saddle trucking companies with more regulations that are going to cost them more money to implement? That's money they could be using to hire people.

Idiots.

I'm not totally unsympathetic to the idea, I'm just surprised that trucking companies haven't come up with something on their own. Semis, after all, must use a helluva lot of gas and I'm sure fuel costs are a hefty chunk of change for these companies. I think it's in their interest to cut costs where they can... and as for fire trucks- the only fuel I want fire trucks using is the fuel that gets them to my house faster if I need them. Doubly so if my house happens to (unfortunately) be on fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment