Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Meet The New Boss...

...same as the Old Boss. Only male. And more orange. The 112th Congress was gaveled into session today and I'm not hopeful, put it that way. Already Republicans are backing off their pledge to slash $100 billion from the budget and I'd be surprised if they managed to get ObamaCare repealed (nor am I crazy about that notion, so if that doesn't work out, I'll be OK with it.) I think by the end of this year, the writing will be on the wall for the Republican Party. The cuts that the Tea Party wants will not have materialized and I think certain people (say, for instance, Sarah Palin) know that- I think a third party challenge to the Republicans will be almost a certainty by year's end.

I have been wrong from time to time, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: change is impossible from inside the system. This is going to be year the Tea Party learns that harsh lesson. When you take that fact and combine it with a generational refusal on the part of Boomers to take responsibility for anything, we won't see anything close to the cuts we need in our lifetime.

Color me orange. Or unimpressed rather... now it's up to the GOP to prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment