Wednesday, November 17, 2010

There's Gonna Be A Weddin'

Yes, Prince William and Kate Middleton got engaged yesterday. If you're reading this here for the first time, then where the hell have you been for the past twenty-four hours? (And I'm deeply flattered that you come here for all your news needs...)

Anyway, the sheer nauseating amount of coverage is starting to annoy me. I mean, we get it. They're engaged. Hooray! Now, let's move on with our lives just a wee bit and let them actually plan the wedding, but no, I expect we'll be inflicted with non-stop updates on their every movement and after they're hitched? Well damn, then there's going to be a pregnancy watch...

But in general, I approve of this. They took their time (maybe a little too much time) making this decision, which is somewhat sensible, given the highly public nature of their marriage and any anachronistic ancient idiocy about the heir to the throne marrying a chaste, virginal girl seems to have been thrown out as well (another wise, wise move on the part of the Queen, though I expect if she would have insisted on it, Wills would have told her to get stuffed- privately, of course.) So all in all, I like this and I couldn't be happier for both of them- best of luck and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment