Thursday, November 25, 2010

Experiment

Well, I've never actually done this before, so forgive me if it turns out all wrong or a little weird. What I'm doing right now is publishing direct to my blog from a Microsoft Word Document. For the purposes of work (yes, I'm at work- but only until 3 PM) it looks like I'm just typing out something random on a word document, without all the bother of logging in and etc, etc, etc.

I like this.

I suppose this is the traditional place to list some things I'm thankful for:

  1. Family
  2. My Wife
  3. My Job
  4. My Half-A-Novel (officially at the 50,000 word mark.)

There are more of course, but these cover the high points. Numbers 1-3 should be self-explanatory, but Number 4 has been giving me some trouble as of late. Between ESPNU's College Town becoming an all-consuming addiction for me (sad, but true) and the lack of sleep, fending off seasonal illness and the like, I seem to have lost my inspirational drive. I need a little bit more gas in the tank, so to speak- and I'm thinking I may take a week off, think things over and completely re-order what I'm working on.

But I'm thankful that I've gotten this far with it- and hopefully this time next year, I'll be all done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment