Monday, November 1, 2010

2,438 Words

Day One of NANOWRIMO was very productive. I've had the Prologue to this particular story floating around in my head for the better part of a month or so, so it came easy, but the old problem that had faced me before is rearing its ugly head once again. Basically, I want to tell the story of my Two Day War (it's a long story, for a synopsis and the like, go check the NANOWRIMO site- I've got the username tnixon0908 and all the details are there. Friend me too, if you're a fellow NANO'er!) and my story is long, complicated and bounces around a lot.

Hence, the problem. I want to get into the heads of my characters and see what they're feeling but at the same time, I don't want to waste too much time. This story moves fast and I want the narrative to match the speed of the events I'm describing, but at the same time I want to develop characters as well... it's a strange dilemma and one that I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to work out- but we'll see tomorrow when I start to get into the meat and potatoes of my narrative.

I'll post on NANO again in a week or so... if you're writing in NANO, good luck and if not, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment