Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thundercats HOOOOOOO!



Color me super-excited! Thundercats, the all-time best cartoon EVER made is set to make a comeback to the small screen on Cartoon Network sometime next year. From the description from AICN, it sounds like Warner Brothers is partnering up with a pretty good anime studio to bring it back.

There were rumors of a movie in the works at one point, but I think this might actually be better. While Transformers, at least the first one, worked brilliantly on the big screen, I'm not sure how Thundercats would play in cinemas. Animation doesn't bring in the money that is used too and a live-action Thundercats? I mean what would that look like? A new animated series with a new look and the same characters and mythology could be totally awesome. Especially if they don't hold back on the hardcore action elements. For me, what made Thundercats great was the fact that there were bad guys and good guys and when you're little, the sight of Mumm-Raa the ever-living getting his evil one was simultaneously pretty damn good and pretty damn scary all at the same time.

But I like this. And you know what- I'm going to be watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment