Wednesday, September 14, 2011

War Against The Young

Damn skippy it is- a parasitical generation, too self-obsessed with themselves to actually care about the state of this country or what they're leaving to their children, of course when the going gets tough then the younger generation gets screwed.

There's a rage building out there, I think and when it erupts, it's not going to be pretty- especially for the older generation. People my age are getting screwed and there's only so long you can get screwed before it starts to chafe and then it starts to hurt and then you just want to screw somebody back- twice as hard. Our future is being stolen from us- my generation is the ultimate lost generation, because I really think that for those of that do succeed, we've had to learn the hard way about life and how it works. If you were born into a solid, middle-to-working class existence outside of the suburbs, you probably got lucky- but it seems like for every well-adjusted, normal, hard working person I know in my generation there are 3 or 4 that aren't- and that's mainly due to narcissistic parenting more than anything else.

Which infuriates me- the Boomers wanted kids because kids were cute and cuddly and after all, that's what you did when you were an adult- so they had kids. But suddenly Mr. Boomer won't sacrifice his career goals for his family- and neither will Mrs. Boomer, because they've got careers, they're going places- heaven forbid they think of anyone other than themselves. Me, Me, Me... the ME Generation! They can rail against government and schools and education funding because, after all, they've already been to school, but raise the retirement age? Reform medicare? Oh HELL no, people! I read somewhere that there's a growing trend of Boomers announcing that they're not living their kids squat in the way of inheritance. Why? Because that's their cash-money and they're going to spend every damn bit of it before they die. How selfish and narcissistic can you get?

And now this? 2-tiered wages? Where are the unions on this one? Where are the precious, progressive, supposedly on the side of the young unions to be found? Nowhere- they're the ones pushing for it- because it benefits them!

Kids, I'm going to take a deep breath and step back from this topic because it really does make me very angry. I get told my generation are a bunch of lazy degenerates, but we're just doing the best we can with the hand the we were dealt- which is essentialy a gigantic pile of shit. And that's not to say that all Boomers are like that- just the ones in positions of power. Seems to me for all the caricatures of Boomers out there, they don't seem to be all that true in my experience- but for the people running things and flushing this country down the toilet.

100% real and true. And please don't hop on the comments and tell me I should vote Republican- they're just as guilty. It's generation against generation and everybody is out to grab what they can and screw everybody else.

The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades...

1 comment: