Tuesday, September 20, 2011

90K Carpet?

When I first heard the Iowa State was going to drop $90K on carpet for the President's house (well, I thought it was his office or the floor outside his office, actually) my first thought was: holy shit, that's a lot of money for carpet.

My second thought was: Iowa State's about to get screwed because of this conference realignment and will probably have to send the good taxpayers of Iowa a pretty hefty bill as a result. I doubt they're going to be pleased.

But some more details emerged:
It's 2,700 square feet of carpet- so it's pretty big.
The current carpet is 23 years old, so that's pretty old.
And the carpet they want is some fantastic wool-synthetic blend that's supposed to last 20 years.

All in all, I'd say 90K every 20 years isn't too bad. It averages out to about 4500 bucks a year... not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment