Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hmmm... Shady

We got a new car last week, kids- pics will be forthcoming, I swear! Anyway, the Great Guru Instapundit is reporting that Ford pulled an ad featuring a pointed attack on their greedy, handout seeking competition that the White House was not pleased about.

Shady, shady shit, kids. Very uncool. Personally, of all the American car companies, I'd be more inclined to buy Ford- primarily because they didn't ask for a handout during the economic crisis. That and the fact that I've owned a Chevy Cavalier that was a piece of shit- yet was curiously impressive given the fact that it held together despite years of abuse by it's prior owner, the Pale Man. (Formative automotive experience of my life- driving said p.o.s. Cavalier to class one January morning in Mankato. It was so cold the electrical system froze up, yet strangely, the car would still start. I drove to class with the windows down- an awesome experience in the middle of January in Minnesota.)

Ford, to me, makes more quality looking products. GM cars just feel too cookie-cutter for my liking. Ford has a small range and to me, a smaller range equals higher quality. What they've done with the Taurus (which looked like a jelly mould on wheels when I was in high school) is nothing short of amazing. The re-invention of the Mustang has been impressive (it's on my bucket list of cars) and to me, GM has nothing to match what Ford's been doing- with the possible exception of the new Camaro- another sexy car on my bucket list.

Quality + lack of a handout = The Cigar really eyeing up your company for potential future vehicles. (I'm really happy with the super sexy one we've got now- more on that later.)

UPDATED: See, I'm right! (Plus, vid of the commercial itself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment