Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guilty Pleasure Wednesdays (Special Thursday Edition) #3: Doritos


Doritos are my crack. I have no idea when this particular addiction began, but it's spread and now I think it's safe to say that I have a problem. I've come a long way since my late undergraduate days, when regular Salsa (not the Salsa Verde) flavored Doritos would often be nutrition for breakfast, lunch and dinner- seriously, those things were addictive. I tend to avoid the regular Nacho Cheese flavor, because weirdly, they can give me a little bit of heartburn- yet oddly, the Spicy Nacho ones don't. Cool Ranch are like a fresh breath of air sometimes- and I oddly enough wasn't all that impressed with the Buffalo Wing ones. Someone once told me that the Taco flavored ones smelled like ass (that was a very long paste-up in Newslab- happy high school memory! :-) ) The Spicy Sweet Chili ones are probably tied with the Spicy Nacho ones as my faves right now. Though Salsa Verde is nice change of pace!

But I really, really, really miss those regular flavored Salsa ones.

Yes, kids- I have a problem.

(P.S. I read this article about Wendy's updating their hamburger- which hasn't been updated for 42 years and was curious about what would result. Happily, after trading in our cars for a shiny new Subaru Outback last night we stopped at Wendy's for some food and they did a damn good job. It's thicker, less greasy and the flavors are all there- it could have been packaged better- it ended up being a bit lopsided, but all in all, much improved. Two thumbs up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment