Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Concur

I'm going to chime in and give The Quiet Man two thumbs up for this- Hawk fans are getting spoiled and before Hawk Fandom starts sharpening it's knives, let's all take a breath and see how the season goes before we start calling for heads on a platter. Ferentz is a damn good coach- and let's be real here- all glory honor and respect to the almighty Norm Parker, but he's not as young as he used to be- at a certain point, I'm sure he'll saunter off into the sunset. And O'Keefe's name keeps getting whispered for the occasional coaching vacancy (like Indiana- who might be hunting for another Coach the way they're going) so I'm sure there will be a shuffle at some point in the next couple of seasons.

In the meantime, take a breath Hawk fans. I've said it before and I'll say it again: an in-state rivalry is always better when both teams are good. And besides a 3OT loss? Not too shabby in the grand scheme of things- I remember when we went up there a couple of years back and they kicked like 5 field goals to beat us. Now that was something to be annoyed about.

The defense will learn and grow and get better down the stretch- it might be a bumpy road, but I think we're going to have a good season. So stop freaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment