Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What I'm Missing


Oh, the things you miss when you're at work. Our Old Roomie sent this to me not that long ago- the Google Streetview Car driving down my street!

Never mind that, there's also the matter of this fantastic day outside that I don't get to see a lick of. I understand why they put us where they put us (on a hill to avoid floods and in a basement to avoid tornados, both of which Iowa City has experienced in the past decade) but being in a windowless bunker of a room wears on you now and again.

These early weeks of October are really the perfect moments of autumn, to me. The weather is still warm but the cold is starting to creep in at night and everything is still bright and alive with color before the leaves really start to come down and the muted shades of late autumn and early winter begin.

If you're trying to avoid watching television tonight, let me suggest this aperitif: Miguel Cabrera of the Detriot Tigers will, in all likelihood clinch baseball's Triple Crown tonight. He'll be the first player to do it since Boston's Carl Yastrzemski in 1967- tune in and watch history, kids. Beats the alternatives, right?

(P.S. BTW, doing something crazy either to my front yard, house or myself as the Google Street Car passes by has now made my Ultimate Bucket List. Your challenge is accepted, Google. Game on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment