Tuesday, October 2, 2012

120/95

So- to those of you just tuning in- I made a bucket list of things I wanted to do before I turn 30 and amongst them was a fervent desire to lose at least 30-40 pounds. If I could make it an even 50, that'd be great, but I'll start slow and see where we get to was my thought at the time.

And I've been failing on that front ever since. I start the year (like so many others) full of joy and motivation all of which is gone usually by March. Then things get sparse and spotty, visits to the gym get rarer and eventually, I just get busy with other things.

Well, a visit to the Doctor today might well by the inspiration I'm looking for because apparently my blood pressure is creeping up. The wife thought it might be my Hulk-like rage at having to wait for nearly forty-five minutes just to get two health forms signed but it's not. The fact is, my BP is creeping upwards and that ain't good- and I know exactly what's doing it. When I'm busy or tired or stressed, I have this unfortunate tendency to eat, well, crap. (Not literally crap, ewww...) And most of it is high in sodium and god knows what else so it's not really that much of a surprise. When I'm busy, I get tired and when I'm stressed I get lazy and I just want the easiest option available which isn't always the healthiest.

I go back to the Doctor on November 8th and I'm under orders to severely limit salt (I don't really salt my food at all) and lose weight (something I wanted to do anyway.) Hopefully this is going to be the motivation I need to kick this thing in the ass. That 2,906 mile challenge I set myself at the start of last month? So far I'm up to 7 miles.

Time to kick this into high gear. And resist the urge to eat something deliciously unhealthy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment