Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Epic FAIL

Our Perpetual Governor earns 130K plus 50K in a pension from his earlier service as Governor. Hypocritical bullshit artist that he is, he's going to be busy cutting preschool, state services, paychecks, pensions and jobs all over the state- BUT NOT HIS OWN?

Say it with me kids: WHAT THE F**K!

Excuse my profanity, but I can't stomach any more sermons from Our Perpetual Governor about fiscal responsibility until he steps up and demonstrates that he actually understands what SACRIFICE means. No wonder he's been strangely silent about pensions, only one of the biggest unfunded liabilities that is threatening state budgets across the country- he's cleaning up under the current system! Double-dipping, like so many other leeches on the public sector do. Gee, I wonder who guaranteed his pension? Wouldn't it be ironic if it was a union contract? Please tell me that- it'd be so awesome!

This is the worst kind of hypocrisy I can imagine. I'm sorry, but it's fucking nauseating. Police officers and their pensions are the problem? Teachers and their salaries are the problem? State funded preschool is the problem? How about political hacks that take advantage of the pension system to clean up and line their own pockets!

The money quote of course:
The Republican's salary will not reduce his retirement benefits, unlike other retired state workers under age 65 who return to service, because of a provision he signed into law as governor in 1992 that exempts retirees who return as elected officials from pension cuts.

Ah, I see- pension goodies for me and not for thee! Awesome awesome awesome. (Oh and I love how he's so willing to give up his pension, but state law prohibits him from doing so- and he'd 'support legislation' to do so. Yet he doesn't seem to be in that big of a hurry to get that legislation passed. And I love his sacrifice of going from a 300K salary to a 130K salary- life must be so hard for Our Perpetual Governor.)

If any of our alleged leaders in Des Moines happen to reading this: step up and practice what you preach, please! End double dipping and close that damn loophole- fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment