Thursday, February 17, 2011

Angry Badgers Everywhere

Wisconsin is in turmoil today as State Employees protested new Republican Governor Scott Walker's plan to essentially strip them of their collective bargaining rights- they, needless to say are pissed off. Senate Democrats in Wisconsin are nowhere to be found, because without at least one Democrats present, they have no quorom and therefore can't vote and impressively, Governor Walker hasn't blinked.

Here's my take:

This is will happen elsewhere, so get ready.

No one has the right answer yet. (What are Wisconsin politicos doing to lead by example? Cutting their own salaries and benefits? Because if not, then this is ideological union busting and not a real solution. Elected officials seem to forget that they are state workers too.)

The ideological death throes of the Baby Boomers have officially begun. I'm a Millenial Worker and I genuinely feel- and want to contribute to my own retirement and yes, to a certain degree, I'd be willing to do that for Health Insurance as well. I refuse to live in a fantasy dreamworld of hippy flower power where I delude myself into thinking that the government will pay for everything and wine and cheese will fall from the sky. I want to help. I should help. So to Governor Walker- and to Our Perpetual Governor, should he happen to be reading this: please don't forget younger workers. We (well me, anyway) want to help- so try not to totally screw us, please?

Post-War Liberalism? It's gonna die. Finally, the 30 year-old 'Weekend At Bernie's' party we've been having with liberalism as we know it will implode against the plain fiscal reality that we can't afford to pay for it all. Democrats: don't go to Illinois. Give us answers. Don't let the Republicans gut everything in sight without some kind of a reality-based response, please!

UPDATES:
This didn't take long.

And, if you're going to go on the lamb and hide out somewhere- there are worse places.

No comments:

Post a Comment