Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Methinks They Doth Protest...

...too much! I think awhile back, I posted something from the CS Monitor about states passing sovereignty resolutions telling the Federal Government to back out- now Drudge is getting into the game with this. And I'd be fine with if it, if it didn't reek of bullshit. Texas is getting into the game now, decrying the 'intrusive and oppressive Federal government.'

Could I just point out the irony of Conservative, Republican Governors in states like Texas decrying the oppressive nature of the Federal Government while simultaneously wanting to shrink it down to a size that can fit into the closets of every American out there? I'd like both sides to get the heck out of my life- and the fact that these sovereignty resolutions are decrying this while simultaneously attacking individual rights on things like abortion, gay marriage, etc.

I call bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment