Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jim Carrey On Vaccines

Huffington Post has an exclusive from Jim Carrey on the vaccine-autism link. I find this debate interesting- Jenny McCarthy and company do have a point: we are vaccinating our children a lot more than we used too. I don't personally see the need for my kids to get any more vaccines than I did. I got chicken pox- and I was perfectly fine, so why are we vaccinating are children against it now?

Carrey posts an intelligent, articulate piece on the issue- he's not just a celeb talking out his butt, he's got some solid info behind him, but even as he's right- (the judgment on vaccines ISN'T in)- he's also wrong. From what I know (which granted isn't much) the judgment isn't in on autism itself yet. We need a lot more research, a lot more effort to diagnose it correctly, more of everything! That to me, is the larger problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment