Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finding My Voice

The hardest part about doing this is finding your own specific voice. So much of blogging on the internet these days really does appear to be nothing more than narcissism run amuck, but on the other hand, there are shining examples of individual and compulsively readable blogs that are worth visiting. My problem continues to be that I am scattershot and don't have my own voice when it comes to blogging yet.

I love the world. The World interests me- I think I'm on a gigantic hunk of rock that's full of incredibly fascinating cultures, history and stories- all of which are unfolding every day around us and they're totally cool. Most people don't think so, but I do. So the stories that interest me end up peppering my blog and most people just blow right by them. Politics interests me. The world interests me-- but most of what's going on out there doesn't really tell people all that much about me and what I'm like and what's going on in my life.

But that's getting back into the narcissism run amuck thing again- and I'm not sure I'm that kind of a blogger. I don't know. It's a tough question, but I want to overcome the fact that when it comes to writing/blogging or whatever, I am my most damning critic.

As you've probably noticed, we've got a new look going on, here at Churchill's Cigar. In the coming weeks and months, I'm going to be doing some hard thinking about what this should look like- and how, more importantly to make it my own. New features, new writing, new everything. I want to make this work and put some effort into this- because believe it or not, I do enjoy writing, I enjoy reading, I enjoy the world and the life that I'm slowly beginning to pull together. And I want to share that in a more coherent way with the like 2 people who probably read this on a regular basis.

So, to the two of you- Thank You! Hopefully, I can work my butt off to make this thing (whatever it is) more interesting for everyone concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment