Monday, March 14, 2011

First Wisconsin, Now Michigan

This is a little hardcore, even for my tastes. I've said it before and I've said it again, kids: we need sensible limits on public sector unions and they have to be willing to step up to the plate and help out. (Latest word out of Des Moines is that Our Perpetual Governor and His Party are contemplating a $100 surcharge on Health Insurance for everyone- that way everyone would have to pay a little something. I'm OK with that, should it happen- other people still pay a lot more.) Of course, the flip side to this happy little equation is that we have to strip out ALL corporate goodies from our tax code and subsidy system. No more tax money for obscenely large corporations.

Tax should be low for everyone, simple to do and there should be ZERO loopholes for people with money to get around.

That said: Michigan's plan for 'financial martial law' is a little much even for my tastes... OK, so you want to clean up your finances as much as possible- but you're not even going to ask citizens what they think? Voters don't get a voice? And how much money is going to feed the corporate vultures that hover over the political system and do as much damage as public sector unions do? Not cool. If I was a Michiganite, I might make a sign and start marching...

No comments:

Post a Comment