Sunday, March 6, 2011

Badger 14 To Return?

Hmmm... the 14 missing Senators from Wisconsin might return soon to take the vote they've been avoiding for a couple of weeks now. The polls they're reading seem to indicate that if it passes, it'll be a big loss for Republican Governor Scott Walker and a big win for them. Somehow.

Of course, the cynic in me says that they've realized what a losing fight this was to begin with and just want to make themselves look good for then finally come crawling back.

Again: something's gotta give. I'm getting seriously tired of Republicans pushing their social agenda down my throat when the economy is in the state it's in. I really don't give a damn about gay marriage and not having a uterus it's especially hard for me to comment in any coherent way on abortion- though the thought occurs that if you want less abortions, defunding Planned Parenthood probably isn't the way to go, given the access to contraception they provide to women (and men) of all ages around the country. More condoms equals less abortions in my book- I just wish the Republicans would pull their heads out of their asses and well, agree with me. Because I'm right.

Back to my original point: something has to change. Teacher's Unions are standing in the way of meaningful reform and Boomer Pensions could seriously send the whole damn country over the cliff. The days of wine and roses are over for the Boomers and they're just going to have to suck it up and deal. Everyone else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment