Thursday, September 23, 2010

The End of Man

6 pages of wonderful dreck from Newsweek about the need to reimagine masculinity full of psychobabble bullshit that's just plain annoying once you actually start reading it. Here's what I say:

I'm a man and I'm doing just fine, thanks. I was raised to respect women and be polite and nice to them (of course, in high school thanks to masculinity, that meant I was probably gay) I was raised to believe that being a father is the most important thing a man can do with his life and doing it right is even more important. I was raised to believe in co-parenting in the idea of marriage being an equal partnership, a team held together by love and commitment to your spouse.

In short, I refuse to be defined by anyone and I certainly refuse to be redefined. I reject you and your narrow-minded insistence on gender roles, Newsweek. I am a man and I am just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment