Wednesday, September 15, 2010

City High Has Some Big Plans

Namely a fine arts addition and an upgrade to facilities at Bates Field... In general, I'm hip to both notions. Lord knows that music and art at City High have been in the older part of the building probably since the school was built, so an upgrade and expansion is long past due- especially given how good the music program at City is. (Grammy Award, anyone?)

As for Bates Field... well, new bleachers I'm down with, better restrooms I'm down with and an upgrade to the press box I'm totally cool with. However, plans call for an alumni building (a small, modest affair from the look of it, which is good) to be built north of the existing press box with viewing rooms that can be rented out and indoor seats for alumni, I guess? That particular aspect I'm a little queasy about. Seems a little frivolous, however I have to admit I'll probably be able to afford to rent out a viewing room at Bates long before I'll get close to press box tickets at Kinnick, so that tickles my fancy a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment