Monday, December 31, 2012

The Great Book Moratorium of 2013


My backlog of book has reached crisis proportions. Therefore, I'm declaring my first ever MORATORIUM! (Gasp!) Basically, I gotta get through this stack of books THIS YEAR before I buy anymore.*

Book wise, I'm in a weird place right now. I haven't found any fiction OR science fiction/fantasy that's caught my interest lately. With the publication of the final (FINAL) volume of The Wheel of Time, I'm starting to get that itch to maybe take a run at all seventeen or thirty or however many volumes it is. Or maybe Anne McCaffery. I'm getting that itch again too-- but in the meantime, I'm seriously excited about my Christmas gem India After Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha. Hailed as the first major study of the history of post-independence India I'm seriously dorking out about it.

*Except for comic books or bound comic book collections- I've got some volumes of the Bloom County Collection I need to acquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment