Thursday, December 1, 2011

Merging the Blue and the Brown?

Hmmmm... this could be interesting. There's a proposal out there to merge the DOT Enforcement Officers (blue squad cars) with the State Patrol (brown squad cars.) I'm not against it if it saves money, but it'll be interesting to see how they do it, because there are important differences between the two agencies and their respective purviews that I would imagine would have to be carefully delineated to make this work. (The DOT Enforcement people have broader powers of search on stops that the State Patrol does- at least that's my limited understanding of what the difference is. If I'm not quite right on this, interweblings, correct me please!)

Anyway: keep half an eye on this. Could be interesting to see how they do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment