Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bring Me Your Novel Juice

I feel like I'm losing my mojo a little bit, kids. Part 3 went by quick- a lot of it, looking back on it now, is a mess. But a lot of it is good. Ditto with Part 1. Lot of it's messy, but a lot of it's good. Part 2 started out strong but seems to going awry somewhere. My writing, such as it is seems flat and I'm kind of getting bummed out.

I need fresh juice. Nicely pulped novel juice to get the narrative flowing again... in the spirit of that, I'm going to issue myself a challenge:

Finish Part 2 by New Year's! (And I suppose I should cap off Part 3 as well.) I want to have a pile of writing that can be called a novel by 2012. 2012 will be about revising the crap out of what I have and making it better...

At least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment