Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Great GastroIntestinal Disaster of 2014

Uncertainty gives me the stomach flu.  Or maybe it was the Mexican food we ate Saturday night.  Either way, I enjoyed a glass of wine on Thursday night.  (Major, major acid reflux resulted.  I threw up.)   Friday night, I enjoyed a beer- a relatively non-hoppy one, in an attempt to avoid the acid reflux of the night before.  Nope.  That didn't work.  Saturday night, the Missus and I went to a Post-Holiday Party down at a local Mexican place.  It was fun but my stomach was already riding a roller coaster before we got there, so I nibbled on chips, pecked on the food and churned down a whopping magarita and a half plus a shit ton of water.

Sunday came with nausea, gas, bloating and the squirts.  My burps tasted like rotten eggs and death and  both the Missus and I spent the day on the couch, taking turns in the bathroom and generally wondering what we had done/eaten to deserve this.  If you ever heard of that age old question:  'Have you ever gambled on a fart and lost?'  Sunday was our day in Vegas- only we stayed away from the craps table and stuck to the slots, so to speak.

This is probably already rounding the corner into TMI territory, so I'll spare everyone the gory details just to say that I feel like I'm slowly crawling back toward normality, so the usual stream of blogging and pith should resume, I'm hoping, by week's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment