Thursday, March 28, 2013

Whiskey of the Month #6: Bushmills

Well, it's March.  And I was all ready to make it a Moonshine March and dip my tip toes into the expanding world of Moonshine (which seems to be everywhere these days) but then I realized what month it was and I could let March go by without trying another Irish whiskey- in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  I'd tried Jameson before.  I'd tried Michael Collins before so I thought I'd go ahead and score a bottle of Bushmills Original.


Color: Lighter shade of gold, more honey/yellow in color

Body: Vanilla is the most predominant note.- with maybe hints of nutmeg or some kind of other spice.  I read a review that said oak as well, but if it's there, it's pretty damn subtle.

Palate: Light and smooth this is a whiskey that goes down easy.

Finish:  Bushmill's comes on strong at the end-  it's a surprise and I'd say it's a pleasant one.  There's an aftertaste of smokiness that has a nice bite to it which fades into a very nice warming sensation.

Overall: This was an awesome whiskey.   About $20 down at the local Hy-Vee Wine and Spirits it's affordable, smooth and goes down easy.   It'll kind of bite you at the end- but it warms you up nicely as well.   The Final Verdict:  Seriously good shit. **** out of *****

No comments:

Post a Comment