Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Palin's Moose

Sarah Palin shot a moose on her show and Aaron Sorkin flipped his s--t as a result. Don't get me wrong: Sorkin can write and I appreciate that. A Few Good Men, The West Wing, The Social Network- I mean, give the guy props, because he can write- he can write the doors right off your house if he wants too.

So Exhibit A is Sorkin's rant.

Exhibit B is from that fine and interesting site Jezebel, telling him to hush up.

As for me, I thought I'd share a few points with Mr. Sorkin.

1. All reality television is awful. Duh.

2. I saw the clip. She didn't appear to be doing a little dance of joy over the smoking carcass. And what was she supposed to do? Leave it there to rot and take the head home to hang on the wall? No. She shot it, carved it up and a whole shit-ton of meat is going into her freezer for probably a whole lot less money than I know I spend on meat. So good for her.

3. Let me add my voice to Jezebel's. Hush up. The more the Left tries to make Sarah Palin look a fool, the less foolish she will appear to voters when it comes time to actually vote. (Should she actually run.) This is how we ended up with George W. Bush in the White House- do you really want a repeat performance? So hush up and write something entertaining. Or critique her policy positions, because the audience her reality show is aimed at does not give a damn about the moose.

No comments:

Post a Comment