Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stop The Insanity

Apparently I didn't dream this: NPR ran a story on Talk of the Nation yesterday which had a serious discussion about whether or not criticism of Goldman-Sachs is anti-Semitic.

This is insane. Is this insane? Am I alone in this opinion? Two things stand out to me with this discussion: first, it's not just Goldman Sachs it's the whole damn system I have an issue with and I could give a damn whether the Wall Street bankers are Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Wiccans, Christians or whatever. Let me repeat: the whole damn system is broke! Who gives a damn about whether Jews work there or not? (And if there are people who think this is a good excuse for anti-Semitism, all I can say to that is: seek help, morons. Quickly.)

Secondly: this is a perfect example of how damaging the nexus between the media-political and business elites actually is. Goldman execs whine to Congress about anti-Semitism, the media picks it up and somehow, someway, Goldman will get off lightly, all because Congress and the Media don't want to be seen to be anti-Semitic. This story is a god-send to bad bankers on Wall Street. The rich asshole elites can play the victim and nothing ever changes.

Can someone please stop this insanity once and for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment