Monday, December 28, 2009

What Whiskey To Buy?

The Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban was delicious, but now it's done- and with 2010 fast upon us, I need to figure out what malt to get next. I also need to get a whiskey guide, so I can start to this properly, but for now- we'll work on figuring out where to go next in my whiskey odyssey. Early candidates:

1. Isle of Jura
2. Auchentoshan
3. Ardbeg

I'm leaning towards the Jura, but the Auchentoshan interests me as well. Ardbeg is an Islay Malt, and I've already tried Lagavulin, which was deliciously hardcore- but extremely smokey. (Islay Malts get their smokey taste from the peat used in the distillation process.) Jura is from the Islands and I'm not sure what their region has in the way of flavoring and the Auchentoshan is from Lowlands- but Michael Jackson (the beer and whiskey guy) described it as a lighter tasting whiskey and I'm thinking I want some hardcore flavor. Yet, it's also one of the few malts that is triple distilled.

Hmmm... will have to visit Dirty John's today and see what they got.

No comments:

Post a Comment