Saturday, December 5, 2009

Best Saturday EVER (Semi-Live Blog)

6:25:40 PM, Central Standard Time.

It's my day off.

There's football all day.

I have (or had, rather) pizza.

...and, despite a tragic accident in which the bottom of one of my six packs opened up and destroyed 3 beautiful beers on the driveway, I have beer.

So far: I'd say that Cincy v. Pitt has been the marquee matchup of the day. Cincy was down 31-10 at the Half, Tony Pike was all over the place and yet somehow, when Pitt scored (what they thought was) the go ahead touchdown in the 4th and then missed the extra point, Tony Pike and Cincy got their collective groove back, marched down the field with pretty much a minute left and scored to win the game 45-44. It was a game for the ages and a lot of fun to watch. Much 'spect for the Big East.

Florida and 'Bama are heading towards the end of the game as well. 'Bama is up and looking dominant on both sides of the ball- Florida needs about 3 touchdowns to get a lead, so it's not looking good. (And more to the point, they look beat. Cincy never quit even a little bit and came back to win. Florida just looks beat.) And if anyone watching is wondering what Bible verse is under Tebow's eyes, John 16:33 is as follows:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

He may have overcome the world, but he's gonna need to overcome the 'Tide in a hurry if he wants to cap his college career with a national title...

MORE LATER, I PROMISE... 10:09:15 PM, Central Standard Time

Well, the Big 12 title game is hum-drum, yet close. While the ACC Title game is boring, yet somewhat exciting. An interesting dichotomy.

Facebook Status Update as of Now: I'd like Texas to start playing like the #3 team in the country now please. (And wow, they're driving pretty well now. They must have heard me. WEIRD.)

...attempted a beer tasting tonight as well. Might save that for the Bowl Selection show tomorrow-- do a little research on what to look for as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment