Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No Deal!

Sinclair and Mediacom remain at an impasse over a pay dispute that threatens to remove both Fox and CBS from the local cable line-up, leaving Iowa fans who don't have dishes no way of watching the Hawks in the Orange Bowl on the 5th.

Despite pleas from University Presidents, the Governor and Iowa's Congressional Delegation and bringing in a mediator, the two sides remain deadlocked.

I don't like Mediacom- and I don't like their defacto monopoly of the Iowa City cable market even less. We pay higher fees because of a lack of competition in the market- at the very least, if Mediacom doesn't back down, they should open the cable market. At the very least, if the Orange Bowl ain't on my television, I'll be pricing out a dish and thinking about dropping my cable altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment