Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Party Like Its 1991...

He's apparently taking the first step towards 'being back.' Former Iowa Governor Terry Branstad that, is... he's filed paperwork today creating a campaign committee which most people view as the first step towards capturing the Republican nomination for Governor.

What do I think about this?

1. There are worse Republicans to be saddled with.

2. If I were Governor Culver, I'd be starting to sweat a little.

3. Of all the Republicans in a crowded field, I think he could win.

If the Republicans want to win the Governor's mansion back though, they've got to be careful. I'm increasingly convinced that if they make it about the economy and spending, they've got a good shot. If they get bogged down over gay marriage (I really gots to wonder just how many people in this state care about it, but it's hard to tell from where I'm sitting here in I.C. If anyone out there has a clearer picture, please leave a comment) it'll get messy and they could lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment