Thursday, October 8, 2009

Legalize It!



Efforts to legalize pot are gathering pace in California, where as many as 3 ballot initiatives could be set for voters in 2010...

...and here in Iowa, the push for medical marijuana is getting more play, with public hearings held in front of the Iowa board of Pharmacy...

...I am in favor of this. Not because I think it'd be nice to someday go out with the Missus and get baked to the gills in a perfectly legal manner, but also because I think we can make a shit-ass ton of money off of weed. The Fed can tax the shit out of it, the states can tax the shit out of it, local governments can tax the shit out of it. Weed = $ to me and given our rapidly growing national debt, it may be our ticket out of the doghouse- at least partially.

I'm not immune to the concerns of law enforcement and parents for that matter, but having worked security in a high school I can safely say this: alcohol (which is behind a counter in a grocery store) is harder for kids today to get than weed. It's not impossible for them to get both if they really want too, but booze is harder to get ahold of. Weed, if legalized and tightly controlled could be harder for kids to get ahold of as well, which I think we can all agree would be a good thing.

P.S. Enjoy the Peter Tosh. Play it for your friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment