Monday, August 2, 2010

The Triumphant Return...



Well kids, I'm back- and almost as soon as I'm back, I'm going to be going dark yet again, as we prepare to disconnect our cable and switch to internet service with Qwest. I'm sorry, Mediacom, but $118 a month is freakin' ridiculous for cable and internet! So you gotta go! I'd say I was sorry, but I'm really not...

But I'll be around for a little while before the lights go out again and I'll try and post-date some posts to keep peeps (if anyone is left reading this thing after a month) out there interested and tuning in. I'm not sure what the months ahead are going to bring, but there are challenges to discuss and issues to unpack. I gotta a new job (which happened awhile ago, but I've been in training.) The Missus is heading back to school (hopefully, if she can swing some financial aid, which I'm praying that she can) and I'm going to work with my schedule to see if I can get myself one step closer to a teaching certificate before taking the plunge and getting my student loans in order so I can start knocking those bastards off... (Very, very scary and intimidating.)

I've been reading books, listening to music and watching the occasional movie or two, so expect reviews to be forthcoming. And although my despair at the state of the country is rapidly reaching an all-time low, I've got to saddle up and prepare some election coverage for the fine people who read my blog, so look out for discussions of the issues, endorsements and my general thoughts on what's going down with this latest round of electoral nonsense.

In the meantime kids, rest easy. The Cigar is back from Summer Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment