Thursday, August 26, 2010

About That Ground Zero Mosque...

...I don't care. Despite what the media would have us believe, the thing isn't towering above the gaping hole in the ground where the Towers used to be- in fact, there isn't even a direct line of site to Ground Zero from where it's going to be. Do I think it's in bad taste and perhaps deliberately provocative? I do. You had to know people would wig out about this, so why do it? Someone out there was going for a headline grab and guess what, attention has now been paid.

Which is why I could care less. Let 'em have a Mosque, community center or whatever. If, as Laura Ingraham suggests that this is more about appeasing and appearing tolerant towards Islam at the expense of other religions, like say Christianity, then people quit your bitching, start raising money and build a damn Church down there. (Personally, I'm all for building whatever religious buildings they want down there. Mosques, synagogues, Hindu temples, Churches, bring them all- because I'm willing to bet that people of all faiths died in those attacks, so all faiths have a right to have places of worship nearby. Including Muslims.)

So let me sum up: I don't care. All this talk about hallowed ground and Ground Zero, well, hell, if you're going to blabber about that, then you have to be consistent. There are, I think I saw somewhere at least a half-dozen titty bars within blocks of the sacred hallowed ground of Ground Zero and if there's to be no Mosque, then out with the Titty Bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment