Tuesday, May 18, 2010

State Politics Round-Up

--Bob Vander Plaats drew a crowd of 10 at the Hamburg Inn this morning. I was toying with the idea of going and asking him why he wants a government small enough to fit into my bedroom and tell me whom I can and can't marry, but it started at 8 AM and there's no conceivable way I'm going to vote for him anyway.

--Mitt Romney endorsed Terry Branstad. There's no way I'm voting for Mitt in 2012 either, but Branstad I may well vote for. We'll have to see. (It worth noting that if Newt decides to run in 2012, Mitt won't have much of a chance. At least not from where I'm standing, but it's insanely early right now.) Also, Branstad has raised $3.2 million dollars so far in the race.

--Governor Chet Culver and his 'heart of a lion' have launched their re-election campaign today. I guess he and Vice President Joe Biden will be in Cedar Rapids today, if anyone's interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment