Thursday, February 13, 2014

Food Adventures #39: New Glarus Uff-Da Bock Beer Bread

Forgive me, people, for I have committed that most heinous of crimes...   beer heresy.   And it tasted, oh so delicious...

Yes, a couple of weeks back, the Missus was digging through her box o'recipes trying to find something we could cook up at home with relative ease and came across two recipes- first one was for tortilla soup which the Missus brewed up:


This turned out to be a really good recipe- it was somewhat akin to chili, but once you topped it with sour cream, cheese and a few corn chips, it gave it a nice crunch that was very similar to your average taco.   I was fighting a cold at the time, so I slathered it up pretty good with Sriracha to give it a nice kick to help drain my sinuses somewhat and that did the trick quite nicely.

Accompanying it was my criminally good beer bread.  I love beer and I love bread and the recipe we had for beer bread was amazingly simple.  Flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, melted butter and beer.   That's it.   Mix the dry ingredients, add beer, dough it up, slap it in a loaf pan and top it with melted butter and one hour later, you get this:


It's doughy, crumbly and altogether awesome- though I think if further experiments with beer bread are in my future, it'd be interesting to see what different types of beer do to the flavor-  New Glarus being New Glarus (and therefore, delicious) made this just about perfect- though with recipes like this one out there, I can want to dig further into the oeuvre of beer bread some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment