Monday, February 11, 2013

Food Adventures #20: Skinny Monkey Cookies


Well, these were my first foray into gluten-free baking and it was a good one, save for one little flaw in the recipe (that can be found over here, if you're interested.) I loved making these- they were easy and at 47 calories a pop they're healthy too. How to make them? Get all the ingredients, dump them in a big old bowl and mix them up- and there aren't too many ingredients- basically bananas, oats, peanut butter, cocoa, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon so these are relatively quick and easy to whip up.

I do have one little bone to pick with the recipe- it said to use an ungreased cookie sheet. Novice baker that I am, I tend to follow my recipes unthinkingly and obeyed that instruction. Big, big mistake- I ended up having to peel them off the cookie sheet.

But on the upside- everybody liked them! People did think they tasted a little like banana bread- but I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing either. I can highly recommend these cookies- they're easy, simple, quick and a lot of fun to make. (I'd say this is a must bake especially if you have kids- it'd be the perfect activity for the kitchen.)

1 comment:

  1. perfect! I'll have to try them since I have to eat strictly GF now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete