Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This Is A Mystery?


The Press-Citizen amuses me sometimes. This popped right up on their front page and to be honest, I'm amused. This wasn't a mystery to me. I don't know who told me that is was one of the original city markers, but I seem to have had that factoid floating around my brain for years now.

To me, the real mystery is: are there any more out there? If, as the article suggest, the original plot was roughly one square mile, that would put the northeast marker somewhere in the area of Summit and Dewey, on the northside by the cemetary.

Whether they would have had northwest and southwest markers would be interesting to learn as well- (sw would be the Power Plant and nw would be somewhere near Mayflower? Thanks MapMyRun.com!)

But this- this wasn't that much of a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment