Sunday, November 20, 2011

Indoctrinate U?

Hmmmmmm... I get leery when people start equating education with indoctrination, I really do. I'll acknowledge the shortcomings of the education system, but I never swallowed the b.s. my professors dealt me and I found it irritating when some of them were a little to obvious about their political leanings. I wasn't, after all, there to be preached at- I was there to learn something. Probably why I stayed firmly planted in Comparative Politics.

But, the Great Guru Instapundit linked to this article which has, I have to admit, a fairly decent analysis of Marxisms role in the Left's philosophy these days. It's an interesting read and just underlined the fact that I need to bone up on the political philosophy in a big way. I think I'll tackle Hernando De Soto after I finished my current book and keep going from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment