Sunday, November 27, 2011

10 Years Gone, Part II

That big game time decision? Yeah, it was a no.

I was tempted, in a vague kind of way. I missed out on every major clichéd high school experience in the books, so there was a little tickle that was urging me to go- just so I could say that I had gone. It wasn't especially about the people: there were a few people there I would have been happy to say hello too, more I would have been even happier to say absolutely nothing too and at the end of the day, nobody I was particularly close with on the guest list.

Plus, I had to sound like a tight-fisted bastard, but $30 at the door is a lot! And what did we get for this door fee? Well, we got free beer, limited appetizers, a DJ and a stroll down memory lane. Hard liquor? For that there was a cash bar. (And if you want to make me pay $60- because damn sure I'm not going to do this without the Missus- the least you can do is spring for an open bar, I think.)

But I kept debating going right up until 7 PM last night, I really did. Part of me felt it was foolish not to go, as we are literally maybe 2 blocks away from the First Avenue Club where it was being held. At the end of the day, however, a night of non-action, Love Actually, ice cream and falling asleep to episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia won out. Plus, I needed a shower and a shave and was just plain exhausted after a long weekend in Omaha.

Oh well: 2021, I'm totally there!

No comments:

Post a Comment