Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Back and I'm Bad...

I'm back. What's been going on?

Chaos.

Mayhem.

New job. (UI Security Guard)

New career choice. (Social Studies Teacher)

Failed political career start. (So much for the City Council thing...)

The usual bag of tricks in other words. We moved into our new house- which I probably mentioned and then things got crazy. And between this, that and the other- my attempt to run for City Council fell by the wayside. I was nervous about doing it anyway, because it seemed like something you should have a lot of time to devote to. And at the end of the day, I just didn't have the time. Plus (and this is seriously freaky)- when I thought clearly marked bike lanes on Jefferson and Market were a good idea, I was driving down those streets the very next day- and what do I see? That's right. Clearly marked bike lanes.

And as for young people getting a voice, well, three other UI students are running and there's a primary on October 6th. Somehow, I think a dream deferred is hardly a dream denied at this point and it'll help me get a handle on important things. Like my MA Thesis and getting into the College of Education so I can fulfill my dream of being a Social Studies teacher.

But I'm back...

No comments:

Post a Comment